8 February 2015

Fresh intentions

Did anybody else see the awesome full moon on Tuesday night? Where I live I have to drive down country lanes where it's pretty damn dark and it was really beautiful to see the moon, brightening up the sky, on my way home from yoga class. I'm still learning a lot about the spiritual side of yoga and in Tuesday's class we actually used the moon to set new intentions for what we'd like to achieve in the next month or so. Clearly on a one track mind, my intention was to try and improve my home yoga practice. I used to do yoga all the time in my third year at Uni and actually got pretty good at it!

To kickstart my intention I signed myself up for 30 Days of Yoga as I'd heard a few people saying how good it was for building up a home practice. You get sent an email each day with a link to the next video but I tend to head straight to the Yoga with Adriene Youtube channel and get started when I'm ready to. Adriene is great, she's funny and totally down to earth - so far I've been really excited to get back on the mat each day and I'm already thinking about what I'll do when the 30 days are over.



Adriene also uses the #30daysofyoga hashtag so that everyone can post progress pictures or take a sneak peak at others on the journey. As a lover of instagram, of course I wanted to get involved! Apologies to any instagram followers I have but it's about to get all yoga'd up in there. Proud moment when Adriene herself (@adrienelouise) liked my day three boat pose!!

I guess my intention was about more than just improving my home yoga practice, it was actually about getting more into the things I already like, rather than putting in half the effort. On my days off I can often be found outdoors or exploring some new villages in Cornwall. Ryan has been saying for ages that he wants to go on longer walks that actually involve a bit more effort than a stroll along the beach. This weekend was perfect to get started on this as the weather was gorgeous. I suggested doing a coastal walk from Polperro to Looe (which is 5 1/2 miles one way), having a look around the shops and then catching the bus back. Full details of this part of the Southwest Coast path can be found here.



On Saturday we did go back to taking it a little easy - a 5 mile walk and four days straight of yoga isn't easy you know! We visited a local favourite, The Lost Gardens of Heligan and had plenty of fun playing on the swing, bouncing accross the rope bridge and watching the new baby Tamworth piggies. I've enjoyed setting myself these little goals in life and I feel good about achieving new things and focusing on the things that make me happy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for getting in touch :)